storm INTEGRATE:Internet of Things
Transforming the value of your intelligent devices
The explosion of the “Internet of Things” has led to a proliferation of intelligent devices capable of monitoring anything from cars to wind turbines to personal health, extending the principles of Machine-to-Machine (M2M) to provide useful data back to users.
Although these devices, which include wearable accessories, are capable of real-time data transfer, leading to enhanced accuracy of certain services such as heart monitoring, they are hindered by a lack of automation in the distribution of information, and both limited integration with real-time communications and limited live reporting capabilities.
This generates huge amounts of data which is difficult to effectively interpret. In today’s fast-paced world even a momentary lapse in the relaying and understanding of critical data can be catastrophic and potentially life-threatening.
How can you automate the transfer and interpretation of critical data from the Internet of Things, and how can you ensure that this is communicated in the best way to both relevant stakeholders and necessary back-end systems?
INTEGRATE: IoT enables you to connect a huge range of devices to best-in-class storm communications—from heart monitors to smart meters, through to digital signage and heat sensors. storm intelligently interprets this individual data en masse to inform, alert and escalate to employees, management or customers.
Through its Machine-to-Machine (M2M) integration capabilities, storm extracts data from Internet of Things devices via a range of outputs, such as outbound SMS or web requests from the device.
This is then translated into a range of communications services, such as real-time monitoring and reporting supported by automated multi-channel alerts if certain thresholds, such as heart rate or vehicle speed, are exceeded.
Data from multiple sources can also be centralised using storm, enabling features such as management and reporting on entire fleets of vehicles with automated warnings and repair callouts in the event of breakdowns.
- Unite communications, devices and data: feed in information from your smart devices and CRM/WFM systems to power superior communications, such as cloud telephony and cloud contact centre, intelligently without the need for human interaction.
- Deliver mass personalised customer experience: equip staff with context-sensitive information in advance of communications.
- Drive forward efficiency for your organisation: a single interface provides at-a-glance access to communications, data and reminders about upcoming tasks.
- Accelerate response times: rapidly visualise patterns and predict behaviour so doctors, supervisors and other decision makers can respond accordingly.
- Business intelligence at your fingertips: save time compiling key reports with storm VIEW’s large range of real-time and historical customisable metrics.
Key Integration Features
- Scale up on-demand with storm, the world’s largest communications integration platform, capable of supporting billions of intelligent devices, systems and data at once.
- Ease of integration: storm’s intelligent and versatile APIs handle the complexity of M2M devices and volume of data so you don’t have to; automatically interpret, transfer and action processes.
- Gain instant insight into your intelligent devices: real-time and historical reporting capabilities with storm VIEW integration means that custom reports can be generated in seconds.
- Fully secure web-portal: ISO27001 data security standard ensures that your data is kept safe and under your control.
- Mass alerting: rapidly provision critical messages through a simple-to-use portal and reach key contacts through storm’s intuitive screen pops, SMS, instant messaging, voice, email and more.
How it Works
|1.||An administrator provisions iACD groups and routing rules.|
|2.||storm collects and interprets data from the patient’s wearable device.|
|3a.||A slight deterioration in the patient’s condition triggers an automatic SMS message with self-help advice.|
|3b.||A more severe deterioration in the patient’s condition sends a screen-pop to the Clinician’s Portal.|
|4.||If the clinician is unavailable, iACD logic re-routes the alert to the best available clinician on a variety of communication channels.|
|5.||The clinician can decide to escalate the problem to the nearest hospital, using “Click-to-Contact” functionality.|
|6.||Real-time and historical reports can be customised across different communications channels.|
|1a.||Black box transmits data to the storm private cloud by via an SMS service. Application servers process and interpret each message according to a custom script built using storm FLOW.|
|1b.||Alternatively black box messages are sent directly to the storm public cloud to be interpreted.|
|2.||Data captured is stored on secure servers and can be accessed via a local web enquiry.|
|3.||SMS interpretations requiring immediate action, such as a breakdown or crash, trigger an automated response from the system. Non-confidential information e.g. a unique identifier and contact number, is sent to the public cloud.|
|4.||storm connects the insurer to the driver’s mobile phone allowing them to sort out insurance issues with the other driver directly.|