storm® CONTACT: IM™
As the traditional contact centre morphs into the multi-channel customer engagement hub, consumer expectations of communicating at any time, from any place and through any medium, are only increasing. Instant Messaging (IM) is now one of the most popular methods of conveying information and it figures prominently in millions of customers’ personal lives.
However, IM adoption within organisations is often limited and siloed, with some businesses even outsourcing their web chat functions. Incorporating IM alongside traditional contact centre functionality can be challenging, as allocating high-value agents to service web chat and other forms of communication, such as email and voice, can impact efficiency and service quality. Implementing a separate team to handle IM enquiries can create siloes of information, while outsourcing IM to third-party providers risks consistency and even brand damage.
With your customers expecting to receive the same high-quality experience through IM as in other communications, how can you deliver a seamless multi-channel experience? And how can you optimise the value of your most skilled agents and harness the crucial real-time and multi-threaded communications of IM to deliver premium customer engagement?
storm® CONTACT:IM™ converges traditional communication channels with IM, processing messages, calls, emails and social media to deliver a seamless customer experience.
Intelligent Automated Contact Distribution (iACD®) technology directs messages to the best available agent, as well as connecting customers to automated responses based on text recognition technology. In this way, customers are rapidly connected with the information they need, and their message is handled with the same rigour and transparency as any other communications channel. The combination of automated text responses and multi-threading enable your skilled agents to deal with more complex interactions, more efficiently than ever.
CONTACT:IM also integrates with leading Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics and Oracle RightNow, to automatically identify customers and log records of previous conversations across all channels. Customers can rapidly and consistently access the information they require without having to repeat previous conversations, ensuring a seamless end-to-end experience.
How it Works
- Customers interact with the organisation via IM and enquiries are processed by storm, which selects an appropriate agent group or automated treatment.
- Integration with back-end systems to automatically identify customers. This enables enquiries to be effectively directed to agents and automated responses, whilst maintaining a single, automatically-updated record of all consumer interactions.
- Administrators configure routing logic and factors such as agent skill sets, personality traits and knowledge bases through a secure web portal.
- Messages received from customers via IM are fed directly to agents via multi-channel queues, enabling rapid and consistent responses to customer enquiries.
- Agents in different locations can receive messages from the same queue, whilst access to the Desktop Task Assistant (DTA®) allows for increased internal collaboration.
- The DTA can be accessed from any browser, enabling agents to work from home, accessing single or multiple simultaneous IM chats.
- storm VIEW automatically collates all relevant data, providing real-time dashboards and a wide range of historical data to enable detailed analysis of service performance.
- Harness the real-time communications capabilities of IM to engage with customers on their preferred terms.
- Use automation to respond to common enquiries without the need for agent intervention.
- Apply intelligent routing criteria across IM interactions, delivering customers to the best available agent in the same way as if they had placed a voice call.
- Maximise the value of your highly-skilled agents by enabling them to handle multiple simultaneous IM sessions.
- Eliminate the need to outsource IM by converging all channels into a single, cost-effective platform.
- Integrate with storm VIEW™ to enable powerful real-time and historical Business Information.
Key Features and Functionality
- IM can integrates easily into existing contact centre systems, providing agents with access to all channels through a single web browser.
- iACD technology intelligently handles IM interactions like any other channel, ensuring consistency across all types of interaction.
- Integration with back-end systems such as CRM enables automatic identification of customers for enhanced contact handling.
- ‘Case management’ logs IM interactions against individuals and alongside other multi-channel enquiries for a consistent and unified customer experience.
- Deliver automated responses to standard enquiries, freeing up agents for more complex interactions.
To find out more about our retail solutions, please get in touch with us through a method below:
UK Contact Details
T: + (0) 1344 852 350
F: + (0) 1344 852 351
Benelux Contact Details
T: + (0) 88 5769 289
USA Contact Details
T: + 408 559 3988
F: + 408 559 3977