- Case Studies
- About Us
Content Guru was founded in 2005, in Bracknell, UK, at the heart of Europe’s ‘Tech Valley’ (the equivalent of Silicon Valley). The company now has offices in Japan, the Netherlands, Germany and USA, with an additional office recently opened in Australia.
The company is a member of the Redwood Technologies Group alongside Redwood Technologies, which was founded in 1993 as an innovator in multi-channel communications systems. Content Guru’s core technology has been continually refined and developed since this time to ensure that the company’s services continue to push the boundaries of communications by building on a solid underlying architecture, with Redwood lending a dedicated R&D function.
Hundreds of the largest organizations in over 60 countries across the world are powered by storm®, in sectors ranging from utilities through finance and travel to central government, and include Rakuten, G4S, National Rail Enquiries and the UK’s National Health Services (NHS), the fifth largest employer globally.
The Support Engineering Role
Engineering Services is at the core of Content Guru KK’s business operations, responsible for the day-to-day technical management of connect storm platforms as well as frontline customer support. The dynamic, all-graduate team is distributed across three key locations internationally to deliver the 24x7x365 support that customers need for the thousands of mission-critical communications services running on connect storm. Customers range from small and medium size clients through to large multinational and government agencies who operate mission-critical services.
The Support Engineer role is highly diverse and has the critical responsibilities of managing Content Guru’s international platforms on a daily basis while also directly liaising with clients across the globe to deliver expert technical support.
The candidate must be able to develop strong technical knowledge of the product and platform, must demonstrate the ability to rapidly process and respond to enquiries of varying complexity, and should possess solid interpersonal skills. He or she will be required to act as the primary escalation point for resolving technical queries, to ensure that all Content Guru’s clients are provided with the high level of customer service that has been at the heart of the business since its inception.
Candidates should also demonstrate solid problem-solving abilities ideally gained from an IT, technical, engineering or scientific environment. The candidate will be also required to liaise directly with the company’s Development Engineering teams and component suppliers where appropriate, assisting with software IVR development as required and also assisting with or overseeing the management of relevant projects when necessary to ensure that the platforms are continually optimised and that the technology remains at the cutting edge of the industry.
The Support Engineer will report to directly to a team leader who in turn reports to the operations manager or the support line manager, both of which oversee frontline service operations, maintain high customer service standards and has overall responsibility for the management of Content Guru’s connect storm platforms. The successful candidate must be able to express technical issues and support instructions in language appropriate for all levels of customer.
This role will be essential in supporting the continual growth of the company in domestic and international markets as well as ensuring that the company’s international reputation for high-quality service is maintained.
- Provide frontline support to customers based in Japan, in a variety of industries, and deliver consistently excellent customer service
- Diagnose and quickly resolve a wide range of applications and networking issues to ensure that the connect storm platform maintains high availability for all clients
- Deliver detailed progress reports on queries and projects to clients and management
- Assess patterns in platform behaviour across various communications channels
- Install and configure hardware and software produced by Content Guru and third-parties
- Engage with and take ownership of a variety of Engineering Services projects, ensuring these are delivered to the highest standards within given timeframes
- Work on a rota basis to provide international and overnight support which may include weekdays and weekends
Experience and Skills
- A strong educational background with a Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Relevant documentation to work in Japan on a permanent basis
- Hard working and ambitious
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Excellent level of IT/Computer literacy
- Good communications and written skills
- Able to diagnose and troubleshoot problems
- Organised with excellent attention to detail
- Be prepared to travel to meetings and training sessions in Japan and occasionally abroad
- An excellent telephone manner and the ability to converse with, and retrieve relevant information from, users at all levels of IT literacy and rank
- Experience in a customer facing situation, dealing directly with the general public
- Experience working in a technical support role
- Experience in IP networking or telecoms, or a good knowledge of these subject areas
- Comfortable working in a fast-growing company full of enthusiastic, highly intelligent colleagues