The iPath softphone is a virtual phone application that runs on your PC. It is used in conjunction with a USB-type headset that makes use of the audio resources on your PC.
Incorporating features such as conferencing on demand, call recording and intelligent call forwarding, the iPath softphone brings VoIP telephony to your desktop to provide you with a range of features simply not available on a ‘normal’ phone.
Designed to operate in any environment from the Small Office/Home Office to the large Enterprise, the iPath softphone allows you to stay connected and manage your calls and availability with a comprehensive suite of carrier-grade Voice and Presence features.
The iPath supports hot-desking – simply log in to your phone on any PC that has the iPath software installed.
With integration to the corporate directory and your personal address book, you can quickly place or transfer calls by looking up people by name or email address.
Options to integrate to Microsoft Outlook are also available, which allow you to make and receive calls to and from your Outlook contacts.
Depending on the options allocated to the user, the following features are available on the iPath soft phone:
- Call forwarding/divert
- Call Hold
- ‘Warm’ and ‘cold’ call transfer
- Call History (missed calls, dialled calls, received calls)
- Call timer
- Calling party name identification
- Conference calls, with a screen showing the conferees as icons
- Last number redial
- Mute call
- Voicemail, with one button message retrieval
- Out-of-Band DTMF tones support
- Presence information
- Hunt group opt-out
- Visual indication of the number of messages
- Support for multiple network interfaces
- Support for multiple sound cards
- User-specified ring tones
- Volume controls for speaker and microphone
- Macro writing capability.
For service operators, carriers and enterprise networks, iPath can be customised to include your own branding.