Bringing browser-to-browser communications to your contact centre
In today’s digital age, consumers and colleagues have increasingly high expectations of technology, particularly when it comes to communication. People are accustomed to immediately accessing the information they need on the channels they want, seamlessly shifting between voice, email, SMS, webchat, and video.
However, the immediacy with which we interact in our personal lives rarely transfers into business. Technological siloes force businesses into isolated and disparate ways of working, with employees having to use separate desk phones, mobiles, and internet portals to communicate with customers and colleagues over different channels.
An always-on world demands real-time communications, and in emergency situations, (for instance when health issues are involved), these inefficiencies can create delays in vital information exchange. This can have dire consequences, not only on customer experience but even on human lives.
With flexibility and accessibility at the forefront of great customer service, how can you converge your communication siloes to deliver immediate accessibility for your customers, and instant person-to-person communications within your own organisation?
Video and file sharing within the storm® DTA®
CONTACT:WebRTC integrates storm®’s multi-channel Cloud Contact Centre solution with cutting-edge WebRTC technology, delivering powerful new capabilities through direct browser-to-browser communications.
The solution seamlessly introduces new channels in a single environment, enabling video, advanced collaboration, and file and screen sharing, as well as person-to-person voice calls, directly to the user’s browser.
Consumers are able to access critical information in real-time, for example through a video consultation. Additionally, customers perusing websites are empowered to immediately contact an organisation directly from their browser, using click-to-connect voice or video calls.
Meanwhile, the solution revolutionises the way in which businesses approach telephony, eliminating the need for additional infrastructure. Agents can benefit from enhanced homeworking or ‘on-the-road’ interactions by managing the full spectrum of channels through a single internet-enabled device, from any location.
- Reduce costs and efficiency strains by removing the need for physical telephones.
- Enhance agents’ ability to collaborate with web users through real-time screen sharing.
- Increase efficiency and customer service levels by managing text, voice and video-based interactions in a single blended queue.
- Boost security within your organisation, with all forms of communications, including video, encrypted and highly secure.
- Improve the experience of agents by removing siloes and processing more forms of interactions through the same interface.
- Allow consumers to initiate a communication from directly within a web page with a single click, giving them real-time, instant access to the information they need.
- Gain complete flexibility over how agents and users are deployed, facilitating enhanced homeworking and on-the-road interactions.
- Completely replace the functionality of a traditional phone through a purely browser-based application, allowing users to access all storm services through a single interface, on any device.
- Secure screen and file sharing across a browser to simplify customer interactions.
- Encrypted video is seamlessly incorporated as an additional channel within the DTA® (Desktop Task Assistant), processing interactions through iACD® (intelligent Automated Contact Distribution) alongside other channels for distribution to agents.
- Seamless customer experience with consumers able to switch painlessly between channels, for example initiating a voice or video call when browsing a website.
- WebRTC interactions are incorporated into storm VIEW real-time and historical reporting, allowing users to monitor and analyse WebRTC-based communications across a disparate workforce using customisable reports.
How it Works
|1.||An administrator provisions iACD® (intelligent Automated Contact Distribution) groups and sets intelligent routing rules.|
|2.||Customers connect directly from their browser.|
|3a.||storm intelligently routes contacts to a home-working agent for browser-to-browser voice or video calls. The contact is processed on the agent’s DTA via WebRTC.|
|3b.||storm routes contacts to agents in a contact centre. Agents are able to collaborate with each other in real-time over WebRTC e.g. using file sharing.|
|3c.||storm intelligently routes contacts to an agent on the train for WebRTC voice or video calls.|
|4.||A supervisor can monitor all of the agents using real-time and historical reports which can be customised across different communications channels.|