- Case Studies
- About Us
This privacy and cookies policy governs the collection, storage and
Please read this privacy and cookies policy carefully – by accessing or browsing this Website, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to this privacy and cookies policy in its entirety. If you do not agree to this privacy and cookies policy in its entirety, you must not use this Website.
This privacy and cookies policy was last updated on 17/08/2017. Please check back regularly to keep informed of updates to this privacy and cookies policy.
Who we are
Content Guru (“we“, “our“, “us“) is a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 05653869), whose registered office is at Radius Court, Eastern Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 2UP.
We are the data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998. We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal information you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and other applicable privacy laws.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal information, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone us at: + (0) 1344 852350;
- e-mail us at: email@example.com; or
- write to us at: Radius Court, Eastern Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 2UP.
A quick word about children
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised child under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use this Website unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
The personal information we collect about you
When you access and browse this Website (including when you contact us and/or submit personal information to us through data entry fields on the Website), we may collect the following information from you:
- your name;
- your postal address;
- your phone, fax and e-mail details;
- details of your use of our Website including but not limited to metrics information about when and how you use the Website, traffic data and/or your geographical location data.
We may combine information we receive about you from other sources with the information that you give to us. We may use that information and the combined information for the purposes set out below.
How we may store and use your information
We (or third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and use your personal information listed above for the following purposes:
- to make this Website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
to provide you with services that you request and get your feedback on such services;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- where you have given us your consent, to contact you (including by SMS and e-mail) with other products and services which we think may interest you; and
- where you have given us your consent, to disclose your personal information to carefully chosen third parties so that they may contact you (including by SMS and e-mail) with products and services which they think may interest you.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information including but not limited to your name and address with any member of our Group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in s.1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We will not disclose, sell or rent your personal information to any third party unless you have consented to this. If you do consent but later change your mind, you may contact us using the contact details above and we will cease any such activity.
However, if a third party acquires all (or substantially all) of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal information to that third party in connection with the acquisition. We may also disclose your personal information where we are required to do so by applicable law, by a governmental body or by a law enforcement agency.
Finally, we may also collect anonymised details about visitors to our Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details we collect for these purposes.
We may transfer personal information that we collect from you to third party data processors located in countries that are outside of the European Economic Area in connection with the above purposes. By continuing to use our Website you consent to us making such transfers. Please be aware that countries which are outside the European Economic Area may not offer the same level of data protection as the United Kingdom, although our collection, storage and use of your personal data will continue to be governed by this privacy and cookies policy.
A cookie is a small text file that we store within your browser or the hard drive of your computer, if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website.
Most web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies as the default setting. If you do not want to receive cookies you can block them by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website.
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask us to provide you with copies of personal information that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
- the right to ask us to delete, update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you free of charge; and
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we (or any third party to whom we have disclosed your personal information with your consent) may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details above.
Third party sites
This Website contains links to other websites operated by third parties. Please note that this privacy and cookies policy applies only to the personal information that we collect through this Website and we cannot be responsible for personal information that third parties may collect, store and use through their website. You should always read the privacy and cookies policy of each website you visit carefully.
Changes to our privacy and cookies policy
Any changes we may make to our privacy and cookies policy in future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes. Your continued use of the Website after any modification to the privacy and cookies policy will constitute your acceptance of such modification.