- Case Studies
- About Us
Content Guru was founded in 2005, located in Bracknell, UK, at the heart of Europe’s ‘Tech Valley’ (the equivalent of Silicon Valley), with offices in the Netherlands, Germany and USA, and two additional offices recently opened in Japan and Australia.
The company is a member of the Redwood Technologies Group alongside Redwood Technologies, which was founded in 1993 as an innovator in multi-channel communications systems. Content Guru’s core technology has been continually refined and developed since this time to ensure that the company’s services continue to push the boundaries of communications by building on a solid underlying architecture, with Redwood lending a dedicated R&D function.
Hundreds of the largest organizations in over 60 countries across the world are powered by storm®, in sectors ranging from utilities through finance and travel to central government, and include UK Power Networks, National Rail Enquiries and the NHS, the fifth largest employer globally.
The Provisioning Engineer Role
Content Guru is looking for a highly motivated individual, with a broad range of abilities and the capacity to rapidly learn new skills, to join the Engineering Services team as a Provisioning Engineer in the company’s headquarters in Bracknell, UK.
Provisioning is a critical element of Content Guru’s operations. The Provisioning Team is responsible for configuring new cloud technology services using the online storm provisioning portal and delivering them to clients. Many of our clients provide mission-critical services, such as the delivery of electricity or vital healthcare. The ability of our Provisioning Engineers to turn around effective, reliable cloud services within tight timescales enables us to continually deliver critical communication capabilities.
The Provisioning Engineer role is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work on a state-of-the-art cloud platform on a daily basis. He/she will engage in configuring the storm service to meet the precise client requirements prior to deployment. This individual also has the critical responsibility of producing and executing test plans that support Content Guru applications and platforms globally.
All hardware and software associated with the storm platform is developed entirely in-house, which is a critical differentiator in our marketplace, allowing us not only to innovate at a rapid pace but also to quickly provision custom and powerful services for clients.
The successful candidate will use a number of online storm portals to provision Content Guru products and services used within mission-critical environments. They will also ensure that these portals are fully utilised for the purpose of ordering and obtaining order updates. The role holder will be responsible for maintaining accurate customer/supplier records and processing vital billing liaisons throughout the company.
Candidates should also demonstrate solid problem-solving abilities and possess strong ICT skills, due to the unique requirements of the role. Candidates will be required to liaise with different departments and clients to provide stakeholders with status reports around account activity and issues, take delivery requirements and manage these through to implementation on the production environment.
- Work within provisioning frameworks and quality assurance mechanisms to deliver exciting and powerful services for a huge range of clients
- Manage a large number of concurrent provisioning projects and execute these within tight timescales
- Prepare, maintain and execute test plans and scripts for storm services, with the ability to adapt to customer’s requirements
- Configure, establish and test new interconnects for external customers
- Handle billing issues for customer enquiries (typically by phone and email)
- Interpret customer orders and document complex technical requirements
- Escalate issues to suppliers to ensure delivery dates are met, and track all issues to secure a successful conclusion
- Ensure storm portals are fully utilised for the purpose of ordering and obtaining order updates
- Manage day-to-day provisioning project activities by tracking & analysing progress, and collaborating with Project Managers when necessary
- Possess knowledge and understanding of test tools, methodologies and techniques as appropriate
- Execute new deployment and change orders working closely with various Project Managers
- Liaise with suppliers to resolve order processing issues, account enquiries, and provide regular and proactive updates
- Ensure the technical tasks in the provisioning process are handled quickly and efficiently
- Collaborate with Project Management effectively and communicate provisioning project status and issues arising in a timely and clear fashion
- Work closely with the Engineering Support Team to tackle mission-critical projects within tight deadlines.
Experience and Skills
- Strong educational background with CCC and above grades at A-level
- The relevant documentation to work in the UK on a permanent basis
- Strong analytical and customer service skills
- Strong levels of ICT skills/computer literacy
- Good oral and written skills
- Strong timekeeping skills
- Hard working, ambitious and friendly
- Be capable of passing a disclosure Scotland basic security check
- Uphold the company’s values and ethos
- Be willing to relocate within 15 miles of the company’s global HQ at Radius Court, Bracknell
- Able to work effectively within an international, multi-cultural team
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- An excellent telephone manner and the ability to converse with, and retrieve relevant information from, users at all levels of IT literacy and rank
- General experience working in a customer-facing role
- Good interpersonal and written skills
- Well organised with excellent attention to detail
- A keen interest in technology, with a focus in software, computing and telecoms
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, or similar database technology
- Comfortable working in a fast-growing company full of enthusiastic, highly intelligent colleagues.