- Case Studies
- About Us
Content Guru was founded in 2005, located in Bracknell, UK, at the heart of Europe’s ‘Tech Valley’ (the equivalent of Silicon Valley). The company has offices in the Netherlands, Germany and USA, with two additionally offices recently opened in Japan and Australia.
The company is a member of the Redwood Technologies Group alongside Redwood Technologies, which was founded in 1993 as an innovator in multi-channel communications systems. Content Guru’s core technology has been continually refined and developed since this time to ensure that the company’s services continue to push the boundaries of communications by building on a solid underlying architecture, with Redwood lending a dedicated R&D function.
Hundreds of the largest organizations in over 60 countries across the world are powered by storm®, in sectors ranging from utilities through finance and travel to central government, and include UK Power Networks, National Rail Enquiries and the NHS, the fifth largest employer globally.
Content Guru is looking for a highly motivated individual, with a broad range of abilities and the capacity to rapidly learn new skills, to join the Engineering Services team as an Operations Engineer in the storm Network Operations Centre (NOC). This role will be based in the company’s global headquarters in Bracknell, UK.
The Network Operations Centre plays a critical role in Content Guru’s day-to-day operations. The NOC Team is responsible for monitoring and maintenance of the growing number of globally-sited storm platforms, ensuring that our networks are running at maximum efficiency and that some of the world’s largest organizations continue to have a high-quality and consistent experience. The NOC engineer will monitor the performance of storm, identifying issues and determining the cause of it. The successful candidate will require a strong technical understanding of the product and platform. The applicant must have solid problem-solving abilities and possess strong ICT skills.
The NOC engineer will adhere strictly to standard operating procedures, coordinating and liaising with numerous internal and external stakeholders in the successful execution of responsibilities, including:
- The Engineering Services Support and Operations teams
- Project Managers
- Third-party carriers, strategic partners and technology vendors.
The role will require careful tracking and documenting in details of all issues and resolutions. The candidate must be able to assess a situation and determine tactical steps, and can lead a team in implementing a strategic plan.
The successful applicant must be able to effectively and reliably manage complex processes, and will become a critical nexus, connecting colleagues within the company as well as external partners and customers. This role will be instrumental in ensuring the continual growth of the company in domestic and international markets.
- Real-time monitoring of storm cloud communication platforms
- Acknowledging, reviewing and resolving alerts raised, through incident management or change management process
- Capacity monitoring
- Reviewing historical logs (Windows, Linux and storm proprietary logs)
- Reviewing, updating and improving monitoring performed across the storm platform
- Developing processes and documentation
- Shift work overnight on a rota basis.
Experience and Skills
- Have a strong educational background with a 2.1 and above, and a BBB and above at A-levels
- The relevant documentation to work in the UK on a permanent basis
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Excellent level of IT/Computer literacy
- Good experience of working in a NOC environment
- Good oral and written skills
- Good working experience with Windows servers (2008, 2012, 2016)
- Strong ability to diagnose server or network alerts, events or issues
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems
- Hard working, ambitious and friendly
- Be able to produce written work, such as incident reports to be distributed internally and to clients to hard deadlines
- Be capable of passing a Disclosure Scotland basic security check
- Uphold the company’s values and ethos
- Be willing to relocate within 15 miles of the company’s global HQ at Radius Court, Bracknell
- Able to work effectively within an international, multi-cultural team
- Full UK driving licence.
- Experience working with Opsview or other Nagios based monitoring tools
- Experience with Windows Active Directory
- Experience with Oracle SBCs
- Experience with Disaster Recovery plans and related technologies
- Experience with Intel server hardware technologies
- Cisco networking qualifications
- A keen interest in technology, with a focus in software, computing and telecoms
- Comfortable working in a fast-growing company full of enthusiastic, highly intelligent colleagues.
Amit Lad, Department Head – Operations, email@example.com, + (0) 1344 852350
Laura Jones, Senior Human Resources Executive, firstname.lastname@example.org, + (0) 1344 852350