- Case Studies
- About Us
|Bracknell, UK||Human Resources|
Redwood Technologies is a world-leading communications technology provider that is rapidly expanding internationally. It is a founding member of the Redwood Technologies Group, which also encompasses Content Guru as the cloud delivery arm of Redwood solutions.
The Group has won multiple awards for its storm® platform, including the IT Europa Award for Vertical Market Solution of the Year in 2018, the Computing Digital Technology Leaders Awards for Best Public Sector Digital Project in 2017, and a Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation in 2016.
storm is the world’s largest Communications Integration™ platform, powering some of the largest organisations across the globe, in sectors ranging from utilities and travel through to finance and government. Its current clients include UK Power Networks, Sodexo, and the UK’s National Health Service (NHS), the fifth-largest employer globally.
storm supports hundreds of applications, including:
- Omni-channel cloud contact centre & Unified Communications (including channels such as email, video, voice, SMS, IM, web and social media from a single platform)
- Communications Integration™ (converging data and communications, and enabling disparate systems to interoperate)
- AI and propensity modelling (interpreting data sources to deliver mass-personalised messaging and cutting-edge customer engagement)
Redwood Technologies is looking for an experienced, results-oriented, and organised Human Resources (HR) Director to manage the company’s corporate Human Resources team and to coordinate all HR activities from the company’s Bracknell headquarters.
The Group is rapidly growing and expanding globally, with new offices recently opened in Tokyo and Australia. The HR team has a vital responsibility in managing all aspects of employment, from recruitment to day-to-day queries, and is essential in ensuring that every employee meets the company’s business objectives.
The HR Director will have responsibility over leading a team of highly-motivated HR executives, developing and implementing HR policies and procedures. The successful candidate will provide strategic management over the HR team, overseeing the hiring process and assisting in setting out clear progression pathways for each new employee. The role holder will liaise with a variety of stakeholders, including internal senior management and external recruitment agencies. Therefore, the successful candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
This role will be essential in supporting the continual growth of the company in domestic and international markets, as well as in ensuring that the company’s international reputation for high-quality service is maintained.
- Oversee all HR activities
- Lead a team of HR executives, providing guidance and support
- Develop and implement HR initiatives in line with the Group’s business objectives
- Liaise with various stakeholders, including C-level directors and recruitment agencies
- Manage HR operations by recruiting, selecting, orientating, training, counselling, and disciplining employees
- Plan, monitor, and review employee performance
- Design systems, accumulate resources, and resolve problems to implement change for the business
- Support management by providing HR advice and decision making
- Contribute to long-term goals around business and employee development, including succession planning
- Lead the analysis of employee feedback and data gathering, with the aim of creating a better working environment and engaged culture
- Create and manage the HR department’s annual budget
- Formalise graduate schemes
- Regulate internal PR
- Set out clear progression paths for employees within a timeframe
- Oversee the hiring progress: including arranging assessment days, organising and being involved in the interview progression and taking on board new employees
- Arrange relevant training for all new and current employees
- Cross-match matrix roles against company values.
Experience and Skills
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in Human Resources management
- A CIPD qualification, preferably at level 7
- A strong track-record in HR generalist and change management roles
- An outstanding commercial acumen and strategic business insight
- Extensive experience of managing a team
- A thorough working knowledge of UK employment legislation
- A strong understanding of the interviewing process, benefits administration, payroll and other HR functions
- Excellent communications skills and interpersonal skills – both oral and written
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
- The ability to build strong working relationships
- The ability to work in a team and as an individual
- A general understanding of finances, resourcing and aims of the business
- The ability to uphold the company’s values and ethos.
- A certification in Business Awareness and Advanced Professional Study (CBAAPS)
- A certification in Personnel Practice (CPP)
- A certification in Training Practice (CTP)
- A certification in Recruitment and Selection (CRS)
- A certification in Employment Relations Law and Practice (CERLAP)
- A certification in Coaching and Mentoring (CCM)
- Previous experience working in the IT and Telecoms sector
- The ability to be comfortable working in a fast-growing company full of enthusiastic, highly intelligent colleagues.