- Case Studies
- About Us
Content Guru was founded in 2005, located in Bracknell, UK, at the heart of Europe’s ‘Tech Valley’ (the equivalent of Silicon Valley), with offices in Germany, the Netherlands, and across North America, and a further presence in Malaysia, India and Ireland.
The company is a member of the Redwood Technologies Group alongside Redwood Technologies, which was founded in 1993 as an innovator in multi-channel communications systems. Content Guru’s core technology has been continually refined and developed since this time to ensure that the company’s services continue to push the boundaries of communications by building on a solid underlying architecture, with Redwood lending a dedicated R&D function.
Hundreds of the largest organizations in over 60 countries across the world are powered by storm®, in sectors ranging from utilities through finance and travel to central government, and include BT, Citibank, Deutsche Telekom, HSBC and O2 Telefonica.
Content Guru is looking for a dynamic, methodical and motivated individual to join the Sales team in the company’s UK headquarters. The successful candidate requires a broad skillset and proven track record in consistently exceeding sales targets and contracting blue-chip organizations.
Sales is the frontline of Content Guru’s international operations, tasked with creating new business opportunities to support the company’s ambitious growth strategies.
As a Business Development Manager, the role holder will be responsible for working to help this rapidly growing business reach its UK growth targets, through selling a range of cloud communications solutions to clients across a wide variety of sectors. The right candidate for this role must be highly motivated and organised, capable of managing sales cycles from initiation through to closing, experienced in opening doors to C-Level contacts within organizations, and able to work with technical teams and solution designers to conceive and then sell communications solutions of varying complexity.
The role holder must uphold good working knowledge of the product and proposition set and work to improve how best to present the solutions and services to the market.
This role will include:
- Working on direct sales opportunities. Delivering consistent performance of identification, prospecting, qualification, negotiation and closing of opportunities
- Working with System Integrators and similar partners in educating, developing and facilitating sales. Acting as the sales lead, and as necessary, the sales specialist on opportunities that involve our solutions
- Taking accountability for generating sufficient pipeline (channel and direct sales) to ensure revenue targets are met and exceeded
- Working with integrity in a professional and diligent manner in order to maximise business opportunities and customer satisfaction
- Upholding company values and promoting positive company culture
- Achieve or exceed agreed sales targets, putting in place suitable action plans to ensure success
- Apply experience of engaging with senior personnel to open up new opportunities by dealing directly with decision-makers and influencers
- Develop long-term successful relationships. Must be comfortable at dealing with clients of all levels including those at Director Level
- Take ownership of business development activities across assigned segments within various vertical markets
- Develop and maintain a strong network of senior contacts throughout the contact center industry as well as throughout relevant vertical markets
- Manage existing customer and constantly look for opportunities to cross and up sell services to them
- Ensure that the CRM is up to date at all times, with details of client profile, contacts, opportunities and activities
- Develop a strong understanding of the company’s products and services to inform solution construction for clients in conjunction with technical architects
- Actively seek new markets in which the company may market its existing products and services, particularly those in which the applicant has prior experience
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry developments and of competitors’ offerings
- Act as a focal point for commercial matters on projects when required
- Assist in the management of day-to-day activities of projects and track progress
Experience and Skills
- Highly reliable, trusted and able to conduct business with the highest standards of professional behavior and ethics
- Self-motivated, team player, with the ability to ensure individual and team targets are achieved
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including solid presentation skills
- Experience of responding to, and winning tenders
- Effective self-management, organization and time management skills
- Confident and dynamic personality
- Tenacious attention to detail
- A strong internal and external customer service focus
- Experience of sales to contact centre industry
- Knowledge of workforce management and customer relationship management tools