- Case Studies
- About Us
Content Guru was founded in 2005, located in Bracknell, UK, at the heart of Europe’s ‘Tech Valley’ (the equivalent of Silicon Valley), with offices already in the Netherlands, Germany and USA and two additional offices recently opened in Japan and Australia.
The company is a member of the Redwood Technologies Group alongside Redwood Technologies, which was founded in 1993 as an innovator in multi-channel communications systems. Content Guru’s core technology has been continually refined and developed since this time to ensure that the company’s services continue to push the boundaries of communications by building on a solid underlying architecture, with Redwood lending a dedicated R&D function.
Hundreds of the largest organizations in over 60 countries across the world are powered by storm®, in sectors ranging from utilities through finance and travel to central government, and include UK Power Networks, National Rail Enquiries and the NHS, the fifth largest employer globally.
The Support Engineering Role
Engineering Services is at the core of Content Guru’s business operations, responsible for the day-to-day technical management of storm platforms as well as frontline customer support. The dynamic, all-graduate team is distributed across three key locations internationally to deliver the 24x7x365 support that customers need for the thousands of mission-critical communications services running on storm. Customers range from small and medium size clients through to large multinational and government agencies who operate mission-critical services.
The Support Engineer role is highly diverse and has the critical responsibilities of managing Content Guru’s international platforms on a daily basis while also directly liaising with clients across the globe to deliver expert technical support.
The candidate must be able to develop strong technical knowledge of the product and platform, must demonstrate the ability to rapidly process and respond to enquiries of varying complexity, and should possess solid interpersonal skills. The applicant will be required to act as the primary escalation point for resolving technical queries, to ensure that all Content Guru’s clients are provided with the high level of customer service that has been at the heart of the business since its inception.
The role holder should also demonstrate solid problem-solving abilities ideally gained from an IT, technical, engineering or scientific environment. The candidate will be also required to liaise directly with the company’s Development Engineering teams and component suppliers where appropriate, assisting with software IVR development as required and also assisting with or overseeing the management of relevant projects when necessary to ensure that the platforms are continually optimized and that the technology remains at the cutting edge of the industry.
The Support Engineer will report to directly to a team leader who in turn reports to the operations manager or the support line manager, both of which oversee frontline service operations, maintain high customer service standards and has overall responsibility for the management of Content Guru’s storm platforms. The successful candidate must be able to express technical issues and support instructions in language appropriate for all levels of customer.
This role will be essential in supporting the continual growth of the company in domestic and international markets as well as ensuring that the company’s international reputation for high-quality service is maintained.
- Provide frontline support to a range of clients from across the globe, in sectors which include central government, travel and utilities, and deliver the high customer service levels which have helped Content Guru become successful
- Become an important part of a team responsible for keeping the company’s mission-critical communications platform live, ensuring that customers continue to experience the high service levels they expect from storm
- Diagnose and quickly resolve a wide range of applications and networking issues to ensure that the storm platforms maintain its high availability for international clients
- Apply creative thinking and assess patterns in platform behavior across various channels of communication to help continually improve and optimize services
- Deliver detailed and authoritative progress reports on queries and projects to both clients and to management, in regular meetings
- Be responsible for ensuring that hardware and software produced by both Content Guru and third-parties are working effectively and efficiently
- Work on a rota basis to provide international and overnight support which may include overnight and weekends.
Experience and Skills
- Have a strong educational background with a 2.1 and above, and a BBB and above at A-levels
- Must have the relevant documentation to work in the UK on a permanent basis
- Have a full UK driving licence
- Be hard working and ambitious
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Excellent level of IT/Computer literacy
- Good oral and written skills
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems
- Be well organized with excellent attention to detail
- Be able to produce written work, such as updating notifications to be distributed internally and to clients to hard deadlines
- Uphold the company’s values and ethos, and adhere to relevant quality & security frameworks to enforce the company’s accreditations (e.g. ISO9001 and ISO27001)
- An excellent telephone manner and the ability to converse with, and retrieve relevant information from, users at all levels of IT literacy and rank
- Experience in a customer facing situation, dealing directly with the general public
- Be comfortable working in a fast-growing company full of enthusiastic, highly intelligent colleagues
- Experience working in a technical support role
- Experience in IP networking or telecoms, or a good knowledge of these subject areas.