- Case Studies
- About Us
Content Guru was founded in 2005, in Bracknell, UK, at the heart of Europe’s ‘Tech Valley’ (the equivalent of Silicon Valley). The company now has offices in Japan, the Netherlands, Germany and USA, with an additional office recently opened in Australia.
The company is a member of the Redwood Technologies Group alongside Redwood Technologies, which was founded in 1993 as an innovator in multi-channel communications systems. Content Guru’s core technology has been continually refined and developed since this time to ensure that the company’s services continue to push the boundaries of communications by building on a solid underlying architecture, with Redwood lending a dedicated R&D function.
Hundreds of the largest organizations in over 60 countries across the world are powered by storm®, in sectors ranging from utilities through finance and travel to central government, and include Rakuten, G4S, National Rail Enquiries and the UK’s National Health Services (NHS), the fifth largest employer globally.
The Senior Solutions Consultant Role
Content Guru is looking for an experienced, ambitious and creative Senior Solutions Consultant to join the Sales team in Tokyo, Japan. The successful candidate will have both an excellent technical and commercial understanding, and will have strong presentation skills.
Sales is the frontline of Content Guru’s international operations, tasked with creating new business opportunities to support the company’s ambitious growth strategies. The Senior Solutions Consultant will require a broad skillset and proven track record of consistently exceeding sales targets and delivering effective solutions, both simple and complex, to customers across a range of vertical markets.
The successful candidate will also have a strong technical background and good logical reasoning skills. The role will require a full understanding of the connect storm platform and the way that the different modules can be applied for individual customers’ needs, in order to propose effective solutions. The role holder will also have a good business acumen and the ability to understand different clients’ objectives and needs.
The Solutions Consultant will be confident presenting information and demonstrating the capabilities of the platform. A successful candidate will be able to communicate complex technical ideas in a way that can be understood by a variety of audiences, both internal and external. He or she will use their skillset to generate business opportunities and revenue for the company, and will promote the company and its values in all contact with clients.
The role will also require the candidate to act as a liaison between technical and commercial teams within the business to oversee the end-to-end deployment of customer solutions. The solutions consultant will be capable of managing sales cycles from initiation, during the go-live process and throughout the customer relationship. They will maintain regular contact with clients to ensure a consistent level of customer service.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and organised, with excellent project and time management skills. They will be highly professional and have outstanding interpersonal skills. The solutions consultant will also become a paragon of the company values, of agility, quality, commitment, integration and collaboration, and serve as an inspiration to other colleagues.
- Combine both technical and commercial knowledge to construct and sell solutions to clients
- The ability to work with clients to capture their functional requirements
- The ability to build and own customer solution design documents
- Develop a strong understanding of the company’s products and services and be able to communicate this technical knowledge to all audiences
- Apply experience of engaging with senior personnel to open up new opportunities by dealing directly with decision-makers and influencers, building long-term, successful relationships
- Track opportunities in the CRM and provide regular accurate updates to management and stakeholders
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry developments and of competitors’ offerings
- Act as a focal point for commercial matters on projects when required
- Demonstrate the Content Guru suite of products and associated partner applications
Experience and Skills
- Self-motivated, team player, with the ability to ensure individual and team targets are achieved
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Relevant documentation to work in Japan on a permanent basis
- Ability to create bespoke solutions for individual clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including solid presentation skills
- Experience of responding to, and winning tenders
- Effective self-management, organisation and time management skills
- Tenacious attention to detail
- Outstanding knowledge of contact centre platforms, both on premise and cloud platforms
- A strong internal and external customer service focus
- At least 10 years industry experience, preferably working for a cloud or on premise contact centre provider
- Technologies of experience: contact centre, IVR, Process Automation, customer experience
- Experience of pre sales in the contact centre industry
- A strong understanding of on premise contact centre platforms
- A strong understanding of on premise telephony platforms
- Knowledge of workforce management and customer relationship management tools
- An excellent telephone manner
- The ability to converse with, and retrieve relevant information from, users at all levels of IT literacy
- Experience in a customer facing situation, dealing directly with the a range of representatives from customers and partners
- Comfortable working in a fast-growing company full of enthusiastic, highly intelligent colleagues
- Confident and dynamic personality